Chanakya Niti is a collection of strategic ideas written & propounded by Acarya Chanakya between the 4th & 3rd centuries BCE.
These Chanakya Niti are very popular since then.
These strategies are taught by Chanaya to his dearest pupil and King Chandragupta Maurya from time to time.
Chanakya Neeti is a set of ideas and strategies. Chanakya Neeti is treated as Core Principle in modern-day life.
[Also Read- Chanakya Niti In Pictures]
Table of Contents
Chanakya Niti Book Free Pdf
Chanakya Niti Book Free Pdf
Download Complete Chanakya Niti Book Pdf Hindi
Download Complete Chanakya Niti Book Pdf English
Download Complete Chanakya Shastra English
Who Was Acharya Chanakya?
- Chanakya was born in Magadh now known as the State of Bihar, UP, India. He was born in 375 BCE. His period was from 375–283 BCE.
- He is also known as Kautilya or Vishnugupta around the world.
- Throughout his life, he was active as a teacher, author, strategist, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor.
- He taught at Takshshila University which is now in Gandhar, Kabul.
- He established the Mauryan Dynasty by making Chandragupta Maurya its first King.
- He was the mind behind the Mauryan Dynasty. He himself taught and trained its three prominent rulers, Chandragupta Maurya, his son Bindusara and his grandson Ashoka the Great.
- He was the legal advisor and Prime Minister of the state.
- He authored two profound books, Arthashastra and Chanakya Niti.
He gave the idea of the seven elements of the state. These are- 1- Swami (The Ruler) 2- Amatya (The Minister) 3- Janapada (The Population) 4- Durga (The Fortified Capital) 5- Kosha (The Treasury) 6- Danda (The Army) 7- Mitra (Ally and Friend)
[Also Read- Marcus Aurelious Life, Stoic Philosophy & Lessons From His Life]
Chanakya Neeti/ Chanakya Niti/ Chanakya Philosophy/ Chanakya Strategy At A Glance
Chanakya gave many thoughts and ideas on political science, ethics, economy, statecraft, espionage, military strategies, etc.
Chanakya Neeti, Chanakya Philosophy is very relevant even today. His strategies are avidly read and practised throughout the world.
Chanakya Niti is widely used in management, military warfare, politics, and personal life.
Following are his benchmark points or the basis of Chanakya Niti or Philosophy.
- A leader is not only the king of the nation but also the face of the nation. He represents the basic fabric of society since he is responsible for everything in the society
- The welfare of the state is the primary responsibility of a King. He must work hard to attain this goal to retain his kingship on moral grounds.
- Justice and equality for all is the fundamental responsibility of a king. Justice shouldn’t be delayed or unheard.
- A king must work in his full prudence. He must work in the alignment of wise and elders.
- A King’s character must be exemplary in accordance with the teachings of Dharma (Spiritual Guidance)
- Whatever laws a King draft, they must be in the light of Shastras (Religious Scriptures)
- It is the responsibility of a King to use the state resources responsibly and not waste them.
- Those parents who do not educate their sons are their enemies.
- Religious austerities should be practised alone, study by two, and sung by three. A journey should be undertaken by four, agriculture by five, and war by many together.
- The subjects follow the King. If the king is mean and mediocre, his subject becomes mean and mediocre too. It is a King’s responsibility to set the right example for his citizens.
21 Chankya Neeti Success Principles For Successful Living For Everyone
The best principles are very relevant for everyone. They build our minds and design our life. These teachings make us successful in every sphere of our lives.
1- Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.
Chanakya Niti 1- Educate Yourself
- What you don’t know is not going to help you in life.
- Whenever you have to change your level upward, you have to leave something old or improve something old and learn something new.
- Learn something new and improve daily. Your latest version must be updated and better. Chanakya Niti teaches you to use your potential and become the best to serve yourself and others.
2- The biggest guru mantra is- never to share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
Chanakya Niti 2- Don’t Become Your Enemy
- If you can’t keep your secrets, how do you expect others to keep them?
- Chanakya Niti emphasizes that trust is a two-way street. If you want others to trust you with their secrets, it is essential to demonstrate that you can be trusted by respecting and safeguarding your own.
- It reminds the need for personal responsibility and integrity in all walks of life. It is a success mantra for mutual understanding and binding.
3- The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
Chanakya Niti 3- Good Deeds Bring Honour & Prosperity
- When you engage in good deeds you not only contribute to the well-being of others but also create a positive cycle of personal growth and success.
- Always engage in positive actions. You not only reap favourable results for yourself but also set high standards in society.
- When you become an example for others, you become a cynosure of every eye. Your life must be a blessing for others.
4- Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.
Chanakya Niti 4- Be A Civilized Monster
- Chanakya Niti propagates this philosophy that if you become toothless and harmless, people may take benefit from you and harm you.
- You can lose your identity and live aimless life by leaving your hallmark.
- Don’t be harsh and ruthless but be polite and strong enough to fight for your cause.
5- A man is great by deeds, not by birth.
Chanakya Niti 5- Your Deeds Make You Great Not Your Race
- If you think you are a born superior, it is haughtiness.
- Your ego kills you and your relationships. It weakens the bond and brings unhappiness.
- The sense of fake superiority kills your progress and stalks your growth. You stop mixing with others and sabotage your advancement. Your success lies in your good deeds.
6- A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
Chanakya Niti 6- Simple Is Good But Simpleton Is Bad
- Chanakya Niti differentiates between “honesty” and “too much honesty.” When you are honest, you are truthful and righteous. When you are too much honest, you are truthful but timid to raise your voice against any suppression. You can’t fight against anyone’s dishonesty.
- Stand for a cause and don’t make your life a burden for yourself.
- Chanakya warns against being on someone’s mercy for anything. Fight for yourself and fight for others. This is true honesty.
7- A man is born alone and dies alone; and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone, and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode.
Chanakya Niti 7- You Are Alone Responsible For Your Karma(Deeds)
- Chanakya Niti says whatever you do must be a product of your conclusion. Process all the information and make a better decision.
- Your Karma or deeds are the reflections of your decisions.
- Your heaven or hell is the result of your deeds. Your deeds must be thoroughly thought of and well-intentioned.
8- As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
Chanakya Niti 8- Face Your Fear, Don’t Run Away From Them
- If you make your fear bigger, you become smaller. If you become big, your fear becomes smaller.
- When you run away from your fear and don’t tackle them they keep on haunting you. Face them and you will find the courage to lead an undaunted and successful life.
- Chanakya Niti teaches us to be bold and courageous. We have to be brave and daring.
9- Purity of speech, of the mind, of the senses, and a compassionate heart are needed by one who desires to rise to the divine platform.
Chanakya Niti 9- Become An Example For Others
- Chanakya says your life is a gift to you from God. Live your life the way God feel proud of you.
- When you lead a good life, you feel contented and peaceful.
- The success of your life depends on the tranquillity of your mind.
10- Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats beauty and the youth.
Chanakya Niti 10- There Is No Substitute Of Knowledge
- Chanakya was a great teacher. He emphasized education and knowledge.
- Education expands your understanding and opens more options for you.
- Your glory, respect and progress come in proportion to your knowledge
11- Never make friends with people who are above or below your status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness.
Chanakya Niti 11- You Are An Average Of People You Live With
- Chanakya Niti says that your habits and stature can easily be gauged by looking at your friends.
- Someone has rightly said, you are an average of 5 people who you spend most of your time with.
- Be cautious while selecting your friends. Your friends build your habits and then in turn your habits build you. Your better habits bring out the best in you.
12- God doesn’t dwell in the wooden, stony or earthen idols. His abode is in our feelings, our thoughts.
Chanakya Niti 12- God Speaks In You
- Chanakya says if you are a true believer in God, then your actions must speak for you. It is not your acceptance, it is your actions which are more important.
- Your pure thoughts and feelings are blessings for others. You serve them and in turn, build a serving society and nation.
- You succeed in life when you live as per the will of God.
13- He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachments to be happy.
Chanakya Niti 13- Be Responsible But Don’t Burden Yourself
- Attachment to family members is an act of responsibility. Attachment to them is an act of burden. You discharge a responsibility and discard a burden.
- You have to be stronger and mightier then only you can serve your family. When you take their burden and want to save them from every test of time, you enfeeble them and curtail their natural growth.
- Save yourself from self-inflicted grief and fear, then only you will grow in life.
14- Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown-up children are your best friends.
Chanakya Niti 14- Your Role Changes Over Time
- You are responsible for the growth of your children. They are not only your support of life but also the backbone of the nation.
- Model their behaviour in the best manner as they grow up. It is your duty.
- Chanakya Neeti says when we all live this way, we make every individual responsible. This way we make them successful in their endeavours and help build a strong nation.
15- Do not reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise council keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.
Chanakya Niti 15- Work In Silence. Make Your Success Speak For You
- Chanakya says your actions must speak louder than your words.
- Merely blabbering your words and not executing them, in reality, is a sign of a weak character person. Prove your worth with your actions.
- Success is the result of continuous effort. It requires lots of actions. Your actions produce favourable results for you.
16- Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
Chanakya Niti 16- Begin With The End In Mind
- Chanakya Niti says to be confident in yourself and begin to finish.
- All big achievements of life take time to materialize. Don’t be afraid and disheartened.
- Consistency and hard work is the key to all accomplishments.
17- There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment; there is no disease like covetousness and no virtue like mercy.
Chanakya Niti 17- Filter Your Thoughts
- You are a human being who has good or bad desires.
- Your success in life depends on what you choose for yourself. It is your decision which makes or mars you.
- Your thoughts are the foundation on which the mansion of your life depends. Be wary of your thoughts.
18- He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away, he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby.
Chanakya Niti 18- What We Think, We Achieve
- Chanakya Niti indicates towards “Law Of Attraction.”
- You can attract in life whatever you want to achieve.
- Thoughts convert into things. Whatever you want to achieve, make them your dominant thought and your mind will automatically give you ideas. This is the beauty of your thinking. You can achieve anything.
19- One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others, can use neither his knowledge nor wealth when the need for them arises.
Chanakya Niti 19- Use Your Resources
- You are a resourceful human being. Your potentials and talents are your resources.
- When you use your resources, you grow up and gain success in life.
- If you fail to make your talents speak for you, you live an underdeveloped life.
20- We should not fret about what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.
Chanakya Niti 20- Be Mindful
- You have to be mindful and live in the present moment.
- You can not change your past so it is irrelevant to drool in them. Take your past as a servant who can only serve you.
- Don’t be anxious about your future. All the future expectations are yet not happened. Be mindful and live in the present. Your present builds your future.
21- As a single withered tree, if set aflame, causes a whole forest to burn, so does a rascal son destroy a whole family.
Chanakya Niti 21-Your Enemies Are Within
- Chanakya Niti emphasizes your inner self. It says that your enemy lives within you.
- Chanakya teaches us ‘You have to win yourself.’ You are responsible for your life.
- Be aware of yourself and your surroundings. Be vigilant. Your awareness is your success.
Chanakya Niti or Chanakya Neeti are detailed here for everyone. We all want to gain success and lead a happy life. Chanakya Niti helps us get that kind of life.
Please share Chanakya Neeti with your relatives and friends. These strategies and thought processes can change anyone’s life. Help them to become better.
May God Bless You. Amen.