Michael Phelps Story is inspirational. It shows you how a fighter emerges victorious from various challenges and becomes a world champion.
Michael Phelps Story has ups and downs. From a broken family, and an ADHD diagnosis to an Olympics gold medal, and world championship, his life is extremely inspirational. He has been motivated throughout his life.
Nothing could stop him from writing his success story. We will discuss Michael Phelps Story and the 10 inspirations behind this record-breaking story.
Table of Contents
Michael Phelps Story
Michael Phelps Story
- Michael Fred Phelps is an American swimmer. He was born on June 30th, 1985.
- He was born in Baltimore city which is in Maryland state.
- His parents divorced when he was only 9 years old. He had admitted in one of his interviews that he and his siblings had a very negative impact on their parent’s separation.
- Phelps and his two sisters live together along with their mother. Her both sisters are older than Michael Phelps.
- Her sisters were swimmers. His mother advised him to swim for the first time when he was 7 years old.
- When Phelps was in the sixth grade, he was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- He continued swimming despite all odds. He had fallen in love with swimming. Swimming and pool was the place where he used to spend all his time after coming from school.
- By the age of 10, he held a national record for his age group in the 100-meter butterfly. This was just the beginning
- He is considered the most successful and most decorated Olympian in the history of the game.
- He has won 28 medals.
- Michael Phelps won eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Games. It is a world record.
- He broke fellow American swimmer Mark Spitz’s record. He won 7 gold medals in 1972.
- He retired from the game in 2016.
10 InspirationsFrom Michael Phelps Story
10 InspirationsFrom Michael Phelps Story
These 10 points are derived from his various speeches and interviews. He has put forward them repeatedly as the main force behind his achievements.
He says that it is mental fitness which is more important. When you are mentally fit, this fitness transforms into your physiology.
1- Set Goals Which Motivate You
- Michael Phelps says that knowing yourself is important. When you know yourself better, you know what your strengths and weaknesses are.
- Work on your strengths and set goals which suit your strength. Your goals must be in alignment with your potential. Otherwise, you will lose steam and momentum. You will doom your chances to do anything wonderful in life.
- You always feel auto-motivated in your strength zone. He further says that the problem with most of us is that without knowing our talents we set goals and leave them mid-way unfulfilled.
2- Be Dedicated to your Craft
- Without dedication you achieve nothing. Massive talent without dedication is a waist. Average talent with hard work will make you triumphant.
- Show your loyalty to your craft. He says, if you are practising for becoming a professional swimmer, you have to dedicate yourself to this craft.
- He exemplifies that if others are training for 6 days a week and Sunday is a holiday, you practice for 7 days a week. At the end of a year, you have practised 52 times more than them. In the end, it will make a big difference
3- Make Sacrifices And Not Excuses
- When you sacrifice your impulses, you get your meanings. You have to do uncomfortable things
- Phelps likes to be with his friends on weekends. But he sacrificed his liking for his goals.
- He says that you will feel uncomfortable momentarily in the beginning, but it will build your muscle power and push you through difficult moments. This makes a difference between a good player and a great player.
4- Take Your Journey Day By Day
- You may have plenty of distractions in life. But you have also a long-term goal. Keep an eye on it all the time and proceed towards it day by day.
- Don’t be swayed by the desires of today. They have the power to annihilate your long-term goals. Keep heading towards your target day by day
- Try to visualize yourself in years to come and live for that kind of person.
5- Keep A Wide Open Mind
- Use your imagination and there are many things possible for you in life
- Keep a wide open mind. Don’t box yourself up and limit yourself
- The best things in life always come in the form of difficulties. You have to crack them to get the opportunity. Don’t shut your vision.
6- Be The Greatest What You Can Be
- Dream big and achieve big
- People before you have set the bar so high in every field that you have to raise your standard to achieve them
- Don’t be afraid of anything. Be hard-working, dedicated, and disciplined in life
7- Change The Game
- Michae Phelps says that when he moved to Arizona, he saw so many people coming forward and supporting him. This lifts me.
- It is an honour for me. Someone whom I don’t know is praying for me or spending time and money to watch my game. It excites me and I become motivated to give smiles on their faces by putting up great performances
- Take responsibility for your game and don’t let yourself down.
8- Love What You Do
- Don’t be a half-hearted person. Do wholeheartedly whatever you do
- He says, he came back from retirement because he couldn’t survive without swimming. As long as my body is supporting the sport I play, I am here.
- Love your every action. It will give your mind and body a different impact. Your performances will change.
9- Be Grateful
- There were so many occasions in my life when I had mixed feelings. Some lows and some highs. Feelings that disturb me. But seeing negatively to them will make me more pessimistic. I decided that I will be grateful for whatever I have achieved in my life.
- Being grateful in life gives you comeback moments. Because you are in the right kind of mindset all the time.
- When you become grateful, nature sets winning stages for you. You can feel it from within. It gives you peace and confidence.
10- Live Your Dream
- There are tons of things that you can do. But don’t be distracted by them. Whatever you have dreamt of, live for that
- Dreams also hint you the type of preparations you require to get them. Begin your preparation
- Challenges fuel you. Turn every stumbling block into a stepping stone. You will become unstoppable. You will become a champion.
The story of Michael Phelps is mesmerizing. It has its share of challenges and fun.
The inspirations you get from his life are valuable lessons. Apply them in your life to get ‘Michael Phelps’ level of success.
‘Michael Phelps story’ is studied by many students in different parts of the world. It is a source of inspiration and motivation for us.
Please share this story with your friend. He may be passing through a low phase and need some motivation.
Help him change his life. May God bless you.