“Jordan Peterson 12 More Rules For Life” is given in his book Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life. This book was published in 2021. It is a self-help book written to make our lives better.
Jordan Peterson 12 More Rules for Life is a sequel to his book “12 Rules For Life.” It was first published in 2018. Both books are among the New Your Times Best Sellers.
Jordan Peterson 12 More Rules For Life & Beyond Order Book Significance
Jordan Peterson 12 More Rules for Life & Beyond Order Book Significance
The author of the book Jordan Peterson is a world-famous Canadian clinical psychologist, writer, orator, mentor and counsellor. His works are searched and read throughout the world.
He had a personal hobby of relying on questions on Quora. One such question was, “What are the most valuable things everyone should know?”
He wrote a comprehensive answer to this query. He gave 42 Rules for life.
These rules were based on human psychology. These rules intend to make people morally sound. These rules will make you a better human being. You will be a better and happier person in your life.
He wrote a book in 2018 that compares the 12 rules to those 42 rules. The name of the book is 12 Rules for life.
In 2021 he wrote another book which is an extension of the 2018 book ’12 Rules For Life.’ This book is “Beyond Order- 12 More Rules Of Life.”
12 Rules For Life An Antidote to Chaos
- These rules offer an antidote to the chaos in our lives.
- There are certain eternal truths. They never change in life. These eternal rules are there to keep our lives rolling on without any jerks. They keep our lives in order.
- But when life goes out of order and we experience chaos in life.
- These 12 Rules Of Life bring back the order and jettison chaos.
- In Jordan B. Peterson’s words, these are Antidotes to Chaos.
Download the Free Book Here.
12 More Rules For Life- Beyond Order
- Jordan B. Peterson says that life’s meaning is not only in the realm of what we know. It goes beyond that.
- He says that part of life’s meaning comes from reaching out into the domain beyond what we know or experience. It comes from adapting to an ever-changing world.
- Too much order dulls our life. A little chaos keeps us curious and anxious for a better plight.
- This way we swing between order and chaos in our lives
- What is important is that we keep a balance between the two. Here we require 12 More Rules For Life.
Get a Free Book Here.
What Is The Basic Difference Between Antidote To Chaos & Beyond Order?
Jordan Peterson says the two books are fundamentally different.
In his own words, “12 Rules For Life’ argues for the merits of a more conservative view of the world, while ‘Beyond Order- 12 More Rules’ argues for the merits of a more liberal view”
What Are Jordan Peterson 12 More Rules for Life? What Are Beyond Order Rules?
These rules are life-changing. They can work wonders for any person, society, or culture.
- Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or creative achievement.
- Imagine who you could be and then aim single-mindedly at that.
- Do not hide unwanted things in the fog.
- Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
- Do not do what you hate.
- Abandon ideology.
- Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.
- Try to make one room in your home as beautiful as possible.
- If old memories still upset you, write them down carefully and completely.
- Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationship.
- Do not allow yourself to become resentful, deceitful, or arrogant.
- Be grateful in spite of your suffering.
The above are 12 More Rules For Life.
How Do 12 More Rules For Life Improve Us?
The followings are the rules and their meanings in our lives.
Rule No. 1- “Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or creative achievement.”
- There is a connection between social institutions in society and the mental health of the people in that society
- These structures and their functionality must be revised by creative and sane people. If they don’t discharge their responsibility responsibly then they are not doing justice to the society
- It is bad to curse the institution and rule and do nothing for revising and updating them with the changing time.
Rule No. 2- “Imagine who you could be and then aim single-mindedly at that.”
- This world is not interested in who are you. The world is interested in what you do. When people are impressed with what you do then only they will be interested in who you are
- It means that you have to become somebody. For that, you have to analyze your strength and career path
- Work endlessly on that. No one is waiting for your success in this world. You have to prove your worth first to yourself and then to others
Rule No. 3- “Do not hide unwanted things in the fog.”
- Fog can’t hide things. It dispels in no time and the reality emerges hidden behind it.
- Similarly, our very mind at times avoids pains, anxieties, and discipline which are very important for our growth.
- When we hide behind false pleasures our real pains become uglier
Rule No. 4- “Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.”
- There is a relationship between opportunity and responsibility. When we become less responsible for things, things make fewer ways for us.
- Opportunities go to those people who are more prepared. When you are less prepared, you repulse them.
- You have to be more responsible in your approach. It will improve you mentally and open closed doors in your life. The happiness of life lies in enjoying responsibilities.
Rule No. 5- “Do not do what you hate.”
- You are a conscious being. You feel good and bad. They leave marks on you.
- When you do something you hate, you feel remorseful and repulsive. Your psyche dents with loathsome feelings. You feel bad. When you feel bad, you act bad.
- Always do things which you love to do. It will energise you and keep you happy. You will feel joyful. Your psyche will develop positively.
Rule No. 6- “Abandon ideology.”
- Your life philosophy determines your thought process and behaviour. Always refine your information because they are responsible for your perception.
- Don’t be stubborn and stern because you have been doing something in a particular way. Rather be flexible and try to understand various other viewpoints
- What is the right way is more important to know than to harp on what we have been doing for years
Rule No. 7- “Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.”
- You have to be extremely disciplined and consistent in your approach. You have to be single-minded. When you are general, you are not special. Speciality comes with mastery.
- If you are fickle-minded, you will only touch the surface of the success of anything. But for the real and bigger accomplishments of life, you have to go deeper into it.
- Believe in the delayed gratification of your efforts. Be obsessed with your system and show up at work daily.
Rule No. 8- “Try to make one room in your home as beautiful as possible.”
- It tickles your aesthetic sense. You are inbuilt to love beauty.
- The decluttering of your space also declutters your mind. You feel peace from within.
- Your mind will be directed towards beautiful thoughts. It helps you and society alike.
Rule No. 9- “If old memories still upset you, write them down carefully and completely.”
- It talks about your inner strength.
- When you write down your bad memories, you revisit them and face them during writing them. It gives you the courage to face them and look into their eyes.
- Your burden of bad memories lightens and you feel relieved
Rule No. 10- “Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationship.”
- If you are haphazard and shoddy, nothing good will happen in life.
- The secret to romance is to do things immaculately and be willing for your cause. It will develop you as a committed human being. Long-lasting relationships require commitments
- When you are purposeful, your relationships become purposeful too
- Plan and work to bring order to life
Rule No. 11- “Do not allow yourself to become resentful, deceitful, or arrogant.”
- When you are resentful, people won’t love to give you company. You may fall prey to loneliness in life
- When you are deceitful, you will never be trusted. Trust is the basis of all healthy relationships.
- When you are arrogant, people around you will always feel belittled.
Rule No. 12- “Be grateful in spite of your suffering.”
- The mettle of a man is judged at the time of suffering. When you are grateful for suffering, it tells volumes about your mental courage and self-belief.
- Thankfulness in the face of tragedies shows your faith in God and people.
- When you are grateful, you are never hopeless. It shows you are full of hope. You know that your sufferings are temporary.
The 12 Rules For Life List
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
- Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient).
- Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie.
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t.
- Be precise in your speech.
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
Jordan Peterson 12 More Rules For Life are discussed here. Their significance in our lives and this modern world is also elucidated.
These principles are full of high morals. They encourage us and guide us towards becoming good human beings. When we follow them, we constitute a good society of high understanding and amicability.
Please share these guiding principles to spread happiness and success in our lives.
May God bless you. Amen.