Who Is Jordan Peterson? Well, if I would say, he is a clinical psychologist and author, I would be unfair and commit an injustice.
Who is Jordan Peterson? The answer to this question is not a one-liner. He’s a lot more than that.
His name has been echoing since he shot to fame in 2016 over his controversial stance on gender pronouns and identity politics.
This article will take care of your need and supply you with many bothering questions that are there at the back of your head regarding Peterson.
So, here we go.
Table of Contents
Who Is Jordan Peterson?
Who Is Jordan Peterson?
- Dr Jordan Bernt Peterson is widely known as Jordan Peterson or Jordan B. Peterson.
- He was born on 12 June 1962 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada to Walter and Beverley Peterson.
- At the age between 13 and 18, he joined New Democratic Party.
- He earned his bachelor’s as a dual degree from the University of Alberta in both political science and psychology.
- Peterson has an indulgence in the political framework of the world, thus he is strongly opinionated about various spheres of public domain.
- It is an understated point but, initially, he joined Grande Prairie Regional College to study English literature and political science.
- He was obsessed with the psychology behind the origination of the Cold War and 20th-century European totalitarianism.
- Jordan Peterson earned his PhD in clinical psychology from McGill University.
- He conducted his research regarding Alcoholism, and the name of his thesis is “Potential Psychological Markers for the Predisposition to Alcoholism.”
- In 1989, he married Tammy Roberts and had two children. A daughter named Mikhaila Peterson and a son named Julian Peterson.
- His field of study encompasses subjects like psychology, literature, mythology, religion, political science, social science, philosophy, and neuroscience.
- In September 2016, he criticized Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code(Bill C-16).
- He gained substantial attention in 2018 after a Channel 4 interview in which he is interviewed by Cathy Newman on the topic of the “gender pay gap.”
- He was influenced by the works and philosophies of Carl Jung, Friedrich Nietzsche, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Erich Neumann, Eric Arthur Blair(George Orwell), and Jean William Fritz Piaget.
- As of now, he has published three books: (i) Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief(1999),(ii) 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos(2018), (iii) Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life(2021).
- In 2020, Peterson had a severe benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.
- In June 2022, He had a deal with the news company “The Daily Wire”.
- People have disputed opinions about him, but he calls himself a “classic British liberal” and a “traditionalist.”
What Are The Names Of Jordan Peterson Books?
Jordan B. Peterson has authored a total of three books. Though, he has done tremendously in his lecture series and has written more than 100 academic papers.
He is cited far too much not only in the field of clinical psychology but also in religion, neuroscience, literature, and politics.
1- Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief(1999)
It was written in a monumental period of 13 years. The nucleus of the book concerns itself with the idea of how people make meanings out of their beliefs.
According to him, the book focuses on the assessment of why both individuals and groups participate in the social conflict which results in deadly atrocities.
2- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos(2018)
The book is a life guide written for self-help and ideas are delivered through religious, ethical and psychological, and personal anecdotes.
The book contains the very famous “12 Rules for Life.”
3- Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life(2021)
It is a sequel to 12 Rules for Life and as its name suggests, mentions 12 More Rules for Life.
About the book, Peterson said, “explicitly formulated to aid in the development of the individual.”
Who Is Jordan Peterson Daughter?
- Mikhail Peterson is the daughter of Jordan Peterson. She is a prominent podcaster, CEO, diet, and lifestyle blogger.
- She had a tough childhood, severely affected by autoimmune and mood disorders. Now she uses them as her base to enlighten and inspire people about human experience and resilience.
- She hosts “The Mikhaila Peterson Podcast” on her Youtube channel where she invites a series of experts to discuss health, cultural phenomena, and politics.
- [10 Big Inspirations From Jim Carrey Grinch Face Actor & Role]
Who Is Jordan Peterson Wife?
- Tammy Peterson is the wife of Jordan Peterson. She is a Canadian who was born on 3 June 1965.
- She was a massage therapist. She has also been a foster parent for many as she believes everyone deserves a family to whom they can turn.
- Presently, she is an advisor and personal assistant to Jordan Peterson.
- She is also the host of “The Tammy Peterson Podcast.”
- When they met, Tammy was eight years old. They are childhood sweethearts. Jordan Peterson expressed his intention to marry her at the young age of eleven. They are together since they were in fifth grade. Tammy and Peterson are said to be brought up side by side as neighbours in Alberta Canada.
- She married Peterson in 1989 and they have a daughter named Mikhaila Peterson and a son named Julian Peterson.
Is Jordan Peterson Catholic?
- In 2017 when Peterson was inquired if was Christian, he said, “I suppose the most straightforward answer to that is yes.”
- In his interpretation of religion, Jordan Peterson was widely influenced by the stance and psychology of religion by Carl Jung, Søren Kierkegaard, and his Christian existentialism and by Paul Tillich.
What Is Jordan Peterson Famous For?
- Dr Jordan Peterson is famous for many things ranging from being a committed clinical psychologist, an excellent author of three mind-churning books, an academician, and whatnot.
- Yet, he is “infamous” for several other views that, in turn, got him shot to fame.
- One of them is his stance on Climate change, where he states, “there is no such thing as climate” and then he was accused by climate scientists as “stunningly ignorant”.
- In 2016, he released videos criticizing the Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code (Bill C-16) objection that it would fall under compelled speech.
- He also garnered enough limelight after he was interviewed by Cathy Newman, a Channel 4 presenter, on the topic of the gender pay gap.
- He is also recognized for his Biblical lectures series.
- He is also known for his lion diet or all-meat diet(carnivore diet).
- Peterson owns a positive approach to religion as well and is also termed “conservative.”
- [51 Best Quotes From Grant Cardone]
Jordan Peterson Illness
- Peterson severely suffered from major health problems including depression.
- He has undergone terrific benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome.
- Doctors in Russia diagnosed Peterson with pneumonia in both lungs.
- He was put into a medically induced coma for eight days.
- He suffered a temporary loss of motor skills.
- In 2020, he suffered from COVID-19.
How Tall Is Jordan Peterson?
- Peterson’s height is 1.87 m.
Where Does Jordan Peterson Live?
- He was born in Edmonton, Alberta, and grew up in Fairview.
- Currently, Peterson lives in a modest semi in Seaton Village located west of Downtown Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America.
Where Does Jordan Peterson Teach?
- From July 1993 to June 1998, Peterson taught and conducted research at Harvard University as an assistant professor and later became an associate professor in the psychology department.
- In July 1998, he became a full professor at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- In the fall of 2021, Peterson resigned from employment at the University of Toronto, becoming professor emeritus.
- [101 Best Motivational Quotes From Earl Nightingale]
What Is Jordan Peterson’s IQ?
- On the Stanford-Binet scale, Peterson informed that his IQ was precisely 156 when he was younger, but his IQ was now 145 due to his receding age.
What Is Jordan Peterson Net Worth?
- His net worth is approximately $8 million.
Jordan Peterson Quotes
- 301 Best Quotes By Jordan Peterson
- 84 Best Jordan Peterson Order And Chaos Quotes
- 51 Best Jordan Peterson Quotes On Life & Success
- 51 Best Jordan Peterson Famous Quotes
- 40 Best Jordan Peterson Quotes On Love & Truth
- 31 Best Jordan Peterson Responsibility Quotes
- 25 Best Jordan Peterson Lobster Quotes
- 20 Jordan Peterson Monster Quote
What Are Jordan Peterson 42 Rules For Life Quora?
Jordan Peterson Life
- He was born on 12 June 1962 (now age 60) in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America.
- He was born to Walter and Beverley Peterson and grew up in Fairview.
- From age 13 to 18, Peterson joined the New Democratic Party (NDP).
- As a teenager, he thought “religion was for the ignorant, weak, and superstitious.”
- As a young man, he became obsessed with the Cold War and the possibility of a Nuclear Apocalypse.
- In 1979 after graduating from Fairview High School, he entered Grande Prairie Regional College to study political science and English literature.
- In 1982, he completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
- In 1984, he completed his B.A. in psychology from the University of Alberta.
- In 1991, he earned his PhD in clinical psychology from McGill University.
- From July 1993 to June 1998, Peterson taught and conducted several of his research at Harvard University.
- In July July 1998, he became a professor at the University of Toronto.
- In 1999, he published his first book that is named as, “Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief.”
- From 2003 and 2006, he appeared in mainstream media through TV programs that approached different subjects from a psychological point of view.
- In September 2016, he posted several videos on Bill C-16.
- Between 2017 and 2018, he decides to temporarily stop his clinical practice and teaching.
- In 2018, he published his second book known as, “12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos.”
- In 2021, Peterson resigned from employment at the University of Toronto.
- On March 2, 2021, he published the sequel of his second book named “Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life.”
- As of 2017, he was cited around eight thousand times, and as of 2022, more than eighteen thousand times.
What Is Jordan Peterson Wife Religion?
Tammy Peterson, wife of Jordan B. Peterson is a Christian.
What Is Jordan Peterson Personality Test?
- His personality test is famously known by the name”Understand Me” and is based on the “Big Five” model of personality.
- Over 80,000 students have joined the course, with an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5. You must check this out!
What Diet Is Jordan Peterson On?
- Jordan Peterson was on a “carnivore diet or all-meat diet” consisting predominantly of meat including beef, lamb, salt, and water.
Cathy Newman Jordan Peterson
- On January 16, 2018, Cathy Newman, a Channel 4 presenter, interviewed Jordan B. Peterson on topics ranging from gender equality, the gender pay gap, and freedom of speech.
(Source- The World Pioneer)
- Newman’s repeated use of the line ‘So you’re saying…” –an utterance made 35 times during the 29-minute interview made the video viral and short clips, memes, and gifs were subsequently made ridiculing Cathy Newman.
- Newman claimed that thousands of abusive tweets and threats were hurled at her.
Jordan Peterson Media Accounts
You can find him on the following platforms.
- Instagram- @jordan.b.peterson
- Facebook- Dr Jordan B Peterson
- Snapchat- The Jordan B Peterson Podcast
- Twitter- jordanbpeterson
- TikTok- dr.jordan.b.peterson
This article is close to my heart. I have this strange attachment to Dr Peterson, and I do respect him.
I really enjoyed composing this piece.
Please share your views about him and tell me if my article helped you in any way in the process of knowing him and his journey. Kindly comment.
It’s my humble request to share this article in your respective arenas.
I want you to take part in the dissemination of knowledge.
Spread the word and help the world.