Habits of successful people are known to us all. Then why don’t we become successful by adapting to the habits of successful people? We need to search for an answer for it or else we may skip this question at the cost of our success.
This article is not only about the habits of successful people. Successful people are knowledgable, updated, hard and smart workers, courageous, consistent, disciplined, goal-oriented, readers, and leaders. They have many other positive attitudes. They know how to move from failure to success.
The six secret habits of successful people are also about those secrets which we all fail to see when we wish to become successful.
They are like the operating system on which every other activity of the device is based. When we don’t understand them we fail to build those habits in us. That is why we lack successful habits and success in life.
Table of Contents
Why knowing the secret habits of successful people are important
Why knowing the secret habits of successful people are important
Learning the secret habits of successful people helps us shift our mindset. When mindset changes we change. This is the most important paradigm shift.
When our mind accepts something then our inner self recognizes that. That triggers a change from within and we adopt that change in us. When we know the secrets of good habits then we are in a position to develop our minds and habits to grow and succeed.
6 Habits of Successful People- Counsel And Quote YouTube Video- A Must Watch
This video elaborates on these 6 habits of successful people. Watch the video for a better understanding.
Click the image or here for the video.
Secret habits of successful people-1
Successful people do what they love to do
This is big. When you are doing what you love, you feel energized and happy. You don’t require external motivations to do that. You will do that naturally good.
Working in a profession you love can fill your life with joy and result in a willingness to work long hours with more involvement.
David Frost has rightly said that “Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally”.
Habits of successful people are natural to them. That is why they are masters in their domain.
When you do something you don’t like then you feel fatigued and dull. But you continue with your work to manage your bills and you don’t want to take any undue risk.
Then you make a mental list of excuses for not doing what you love to do. In the end, these reasons only lead to more frustration and dissatisfaction in your current engagement.
Instead of focusing on reasons why you shouldn’t leave, start finding excuses to pursue your dream.
Think it over and over that what you want to do, what you love to do. What you are so passionate about.
Note down the idea and plan that is in your mind, judge it, and analyze it. Break it down into tiny portions and deal with them one by one, bit by bit.
This would lead you to inch closer to your passion and dream.
When you do what you love to do, and you convert your ideas and passions into money then you are on the way to developing habits of successful people.
You need to believe in yourself and work hard on your dream.
You try to seek out help from experts and surround yourself with people following the same path. This will be very good for your learning and motivation. They will make your journey easier.
Secret habits of successful people- 2
Successful people enjoy the challenges of life
“It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
This is the prominent quality that they love the challenges of life. Others who are not so successful in life always run away from challenges. They want an easy life.
Successful people are great readers. They have always more than one solution to any problem.
All of us will face challenges in our lives.
If someone lives such a charmed life that they never have to face adversity, they should consider themselves exceptional human being.
Challenges show themselves in many ways.
The way you face a challenge says a great deal about you and your thinking pattern. While some people struggle to overcome challenges, others seem to face them with confidence.
Every challenge comes with an opportunity. When you solve the challenge you get the opportunity and when you avoid the challenge you miss the opportunity.
Habits of successful people are that they love solving problems(challenges) and grabbing opportunities.
When we avoid a challenge in our life then we also miss that moment of our current life which is running at that moment. So we lose connection with what life is offering to us. We become off the track.
If we become off the track twice in a year then in 25 years of our career life we derail the progress of our life 50 times. That is a huge miss. That is a big hindrance to the success of our life. This can not make us successful. Habits of successful people don’t authorize it.
Secret habits of successful people- 3
Successful people compete with themselves
Successful people have a goal to achieve. They love their goal and what they do. They don’t run away from challenges. They set their metrics and values to judge their progress.
They know their abilities and compete with them. Some days may be good and some days bad, but they never lose their heart and track.
The problem with competing with others is that we judge ourselves with other peoples’ metrics and values. Even if we win still we are doing something important to them, not to us.
Yes, life is a competition but it is not a race against someone else. When we compete against us then our competition is with us and our abilities and unrealized potentials. This way we grow, our abilities shine, our potentials perform.
We are neither upset nor dejected because our target is in focus. Every activity is directed towards that only. Habits of successful people are to compete only against them. This way they achieve one target after another.
Move forward but only evaluate yourself based on meaningful things. Smile, nod, and then forget it when other people try to entice you into competing.
Another big reason for their success is that their self-evaluation. Since they are their competitors also evaluate themselves often enough with their parameters. That keeps them aware and well balanced.
When you don’t compete with others then you don’t seek validation from others. You know what you are and who you are.
Secret habits of successful people- 4
Successful people are great anticipators and analyzers
The habits of successful people are always different from commoners. The world is fast and changing fast.
For this kind of scenario, successful people develop the habit of anticipating things in advance. They do it with the help of awareness, experience, data, observation, and gut feeling.
Because of good anticipation, they have always time available in advance for preparation and getting themselves ready. Thus when the actual situation occurs they are ahead of others.
Since they become among the first few people who are ready, they can reap the greatest benefit of the new trends. Most people will come only later when the best parts have already been taken. This is their greatest advantage.
How to anticipate better
Donald Latumahina has written marvellously about it in Life Optimizer. We need to understand this great habit properly so that we could learn it and apply it in our lives.
The bottom line is you should be able to see how the dots are connecting. See how the dots are connecting in the past and present, and then project them into the future. This is how you anticipate the future.
So here are 6 things you should do:
- Read smart about the past
- I use the term “read smart” and not just “read”. “Read smart” means reading selectively to get only what you need without being distracted by unnecessary stuff.
- First of all, you need to read smart about the past. This is important to allow you to see how the dots connected in the past. Since your goal is seeing how the dots connected, your readings should be those which are concerned with getting the patterns of history instead of just telling historical events.
- My favourite book for this purpose is Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. It does exactly what we want: connecting the dots in history.
- Read smart about the present
- After seeing how the dots connected in the past, you should see how the dots are connecting in the present. Here you should be able to recognize patterns in our present world. This is important not just to anticipate the future, but also to see whether or not you are ready to face the present challenges. Who knows, maybe you aren’t ready for the present. This part should give you immediate benefit because the actions you take will directly affect how you perform in the present.
- My favourite book for this is The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman. It clearly shows how the present world – which he said is in the “globalization 3.0” era – works.
- Read smart about the future
- The next thing is of course seeing how the dots would connect in the future. Since they are still in the future, what you see are still possibilities, not a certainty. But you do need to know what the possibilities are. Be careful when reading about the future though. You’d better be sure that your readings based their predictions on facts rather than just imaginations.
- My favourite book for this is Visions by Michio Kaku. It clearly describes what scientific achievements are predicted to occur in the 21st century and beyond, and how they will affect our life.
- Read smart about how trends evolve
- Now that you have got the big picture of the past, present, and future, you should learn how one dot connects to the next. That’s why you need to read smart about how trends evolve.
- A good book for this is The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. It talks about how social epidemics work, and the knowledge you gain from the book may help you spot the clues of coming social epidemics.
- Do content analysis
- You can spot trends by doing content analysis. You do content analysis by analyzing the content of the media such as magazines, newspapers, movies, and books. See what are currently popular and why. Seek the patterns of what is going on behind the content you analyze. After reading smart about the past, present, and future, and learning how trend evolves, you should know enough to look for the patterns behind the content. Books like Megatrends 2000 by John Naisbitt are built upon content analysis.
- While the first four steps prepare the framework (the big picture), content analysis fills in the details.
- Project the dots into the future
- Now that you have got the big picture and the details, you should have enough information to project the dots into the future. The clues of coming trends should be here and there in your content analysis, and your understanding of the big picture should help you recognize and connect them. You can then see your current situation to see which coming trends are most likely to influence you and take the necessary actions to prepare yourself.
The resources I mention above are the best resources I know. Do you know of other good resources to help us anticipate the future?
You get a comprehensive understanding of anticipation and analysis of events.
Now you are better placed at gaining the habits of successful people and utilizing them in your life.
Secret habits of successful people- 5
Successful people put the first thing first
Steven R Covey has written in detail about it in his world-famous book “Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People“.
“Putting first things first means organizing and executing around your most important priorities. It is living and being driven by the principles you value most, not by the agendas and forces surrounding you.”
DR. STEPHEN R. COVEY
Habits of successful people are concrete and they don’t waiver by the things happening around them.
Putting the first thing first is about your priorities. If your priorities are not well defined and well carved then you will remain busy but not effective.
What are “first things?” First things are those things you find of most worth. If you put first things first, you are organizing and managing time and events according to the personal priorities you established in your life. This habit makes us extremely effective.
Very often we remain busy with trivial things or tasks which are urgent but not important. Like, most of the phone calls, visits of a friend or relative, interruptions and distractions, etc. They sideline our important work.
Habits of successful people are that they pay the most attention to the tasks which are either urgent and important or not urgent and important.
If things are important and urgent then handling them is a necessity, like crises, deadlines, pressing problems, unforeseen events, etc.
If things are important but not urgent then this is the sign of effectiveness. like creativity, career building, relationship improvement, learning new skills, spending quality time with families and friends.
Putting the first thing first gives us an edge on others as by following it we become more purposeful and effective.
When we neglect the habits of successful people then success also neglects us.
Secret habits of successful people- 6
Successful people take accountability for their actions
The habits of successful people are like gems. When you take full responsibility for all of your actions, it means that you are accountable for your deeds. They take responsibility and accountability for their actions.
They don’t blame others. They don’t make excuses. When we don’t make excuses then we accept the results. We embrace the situations good or bad.
People around us, working with us, are more co-operative and as we become more trustworthy.
The habits of successful people are that they keep on improving. They work on themselves.
There are four basic questions. answer them, understand them, analyze them, and internalize them. These four points will make you more accountable for your actions and help you in becoming a more successful person.
- Ask yourself how you are responsible for this issue.
- Wounded people wound people. Healing your heart from hurts is an ongoing process.
- Make sincere apologies.
- Improve your language and behaviour.
The secret habits of successful people have kept them at the top. They are happy, rich, and enjoying the best relationships. They have made their lives beautiful and everyone who is associated with them is also enjoying joyous moments.
Habits of successful people are simple to follow but their results are far-reaching and effective. They are worth emulating.
These six secret habits of successful people are core habits. When we follow them they would bring more successful habits in us.
Let’s give them a try. Let’s begin with zeal and passion. Let’s make a difference in our lives. Let’s make a difference in our relationships. Let’s make a difference in our bank accounts. Let’s make a difference in our mindsets. Let’s make a difference in our smiles.
This article is a work of great thought process, interviewing successful people, reading many books, discussing, and observing successful lifestyles.
The big 6 secret habits of successful people are for you. How did you like it and rate it? Help me with your suggestions in the comment box.